Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Vermont Mozart Festival

Ahhh, it is time again - time for the loverly Vermont Mozart Festival at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe. This will be the third year in a row I trek up to Trapps for this spectacular display of music in the mountains. And I certainly go in style - wine, cheese, candles, chairs, picnic basket, plastic wine glasses, cloth napkins, table with tablecloth - I like to think I crack a few smiles on my elders by helping to carry on this lah-dee-dah tradition. Geez - I even wear a dress. But, I have learned to bring bug spray, thick socks, a sweater, and a wine opener as well. I love going and enjoying Trapps for what Maria Von Trapp wished it to be enjoyed for. And, I love getting out of my jam band, rock star mode for a bit and unveiling the culture that is deep within. This will be a special performance since I will be enjoying it with my parents and the new main squeeze, whom they will be meeting for the first time. Regardless of how that rolls, we will all get to close our eyes after filling up with wine and cheese, and experience the magic that happens on that rolling meadow in the middle of the mountains.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachael - it was a beautiful evening, and the fireworks topped it all off, after some wonderful Copeland, Bernstein, Barber and Gershwin. Very accessible music -- sorry I didn't run into you. It is Vermont at its best.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous:
I usually go to Tanglewood in the Berkshires for my summer dose of classical music. I enjoyed the Mozart Festival at Stowe even better. Reasons? more intimate, beautiful view, awesome sunset, great company, and the tourists and locals in Vermont are much more pleasant than the typical Berkshire vacationer. Great event!