Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cody Michaels - Winter Suite


Last weekend The Mitch and I had the privilege of seeing the most beautiful piano music I have ever seen live due to an inclination to seek out some form of live music during the holidays at the Vergennes Opera House and Cody Michaels was it! I actually took notes while watching, making this much more of an actual review than much of what I usually write:








"Wow. The music is so gentle, it absolutely touched my soul. It made me think of the times in high school I would listen to piano tapes by Danny Wright (only piano music I had) to calm me and bring out my more introspective side. I would hear a melodic rift and wish it would continue. Cody Michaels has continued that rift for me. I think of the beautiful times Page is featured in Phish and how my heart soars in my body and is lifted like a dance - this is how lovely it was. Sitting in the small, quaint Vergennes Opera House reminded me of the stage and hall at my magnificent church growing up and the joy of making Advent wreaths with my mother on a Sunday night. Pure, tremendous joy - how I love the piano. I was watching magic - magic on the baby grand and magic in the minds of those who came to watch, listen, and feel."


Those were the notes I wrote on the program while listening to Cody Michael's solo piano "Winter Suite." The first set was a collection of late fall and winter inspired songs, several on other albums - one of which I bought at intermission. His music is created from his experiences and feelings in different outdoor environments which is most certainly why it struck such a chord. In fact, it very well may be the new theme music of Vermont Vibes. The second set was the actual Winter Site with songs called "On The Shortest Day," "Winter Light," "Out In The Snow," "Below Zero," "Aurora Borealis," and "Boreal Wind." If you have any sort of wood nymph imagination and a love of winter, the music invokes the feeling you think it should just by reading those titles.

Cody Michael's website is www.codymichaels.com and he is actually performing tonight in Morrisville, on the 20th in Groton, and on First Night in St. Johnsbury. For the benefit of your soul, please check out a performance or purchase a CD - you will cherish it.

5 comments:

Sonam Sen said...

Perfect solution for obesity workshop india, overweight workshop india

& fitness solutions india

Perfect solution

Start Business in Delhi said...

This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

Web Developers Delhi said...

Very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to Cody Michaels?

roathoan said...

this hyperlink learn the facts here now my website Chloe Dolabuy helpful site go to these guys