Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Red Hen Baking Up...Music???

Yes they are - or looking to! Most Vermonters have heard of the Red Hen Baking Company - all that heady, yummy artisan bread made mostly with Vermont grains. (And don't even start about the not all Vermont grains - if you paid attention to the news you would know there is not enough grain produced in VT - time for some grain farmers!)

Some Vermonters probably know that Red Hen Baking Company recently moved from their Route 100 Duxbury location (between Waterbury and Waitsfield) to the center of the little village of Middlesex on Route 2 between Waterbury and Montpelier. With this expanded space comes a larger bakery, cafe, and the opportunity for (you guessed it) live music!!!


And the live music they are looking for is in the daytime - so perfect for the many Vermont musicians looking for a softer, gentler gig opportunity away from the rat race that is the limited bar scene. The hours they are looking for are from 10 am to 2 pm. May this be a great alternative to the On the Rise in Richmond lunch scene comprised of the irritating mama nipple crowd that has taken over that place. Ah yes, there is also potential for live music on Friday evenings at Red Hen as well - depending on how the lunch music scene develops.

So, if you are a Vermont musician - grasp this chance and get in touch with Liza at Red Hen Baking Company - eliza@redhenbaking.com. Please note this is NOT an open mike opportunity, but a chance for established Vermont musicians to play for other Vermonters. Payment is in trade for now, but who can complain about that when the trade is with Red Hen Baking Company artisan breads? Check out the website at www.redhenbaking.com.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to play there! Full disclosure: I used to bake there, so I'm biased. Still, they are doing a great job with the new cafe. The bread has always been first class, but the new line of pastries is amazing and creative, and the coffee drinks are great, too.
10am might be a little early for most of the folks I play with, though...

Good Friday sms said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

ChessManiac.com Team Member said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChessManiac.com Team Member said...

check out Free Vermont Radio

Sonam Sen said...

Perfect solution for obesity workshop india, overweight workshop india

& fitness solutions india

Perfect solution

Ali said...

The Kids Saving Kids Campaign and Becca Levy are still looking for a few good musicians in Vermont. If you want to help raise awareness of drunk driving prevention with your music, visit www.ksk.stopddnow.com. You must be the age of 18 or under and have an original recorded song.



Get more information and submit your music to www.ksk.stopddnow.com



For more on Becca Levy, visit www.beccalevy.com



Save Lives with Your Talent!



Nicole Van Eden

Vice President/ Public Relations

Illumina Records & Promotions

978-922-5041

niki@1loudstreet.com

Lambert said...

It can't succeed in fact, that is what I think.
1099 form printable | heavy periods | dress shirts

Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) +918376918351 Thank you.